- Release date: 20 Mar. 2019
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Colour: White
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying "Hey Siri"
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
- AirPods (each): 0.14 ounce (4 g), Charging Case: 1.41 ounces (40 g)
- AirPods (each): 16.5 x 18.0 x 40.5 mm (0.65 x 0.71 x 1.59 inches), Wireless Charging Case: 44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5 mm (1.74 x 0.84 x 2.11 inches)
AirPods Sensors (each)
- Dual beamforming microphones, Dual optical sensors, Motion-detecting accelerometer, Speech-detecting accelerometer
Power and Battery
- AirPods with Wireless Charging Case: More than 24 hours listening time, up to 18 hours talk time, AirPods (single charge): Up to 5 hours listening time, up to 3 hours talk time or 15 minutes in the case equals up to 3 hours listening time or up to 2 hours talk time
Description from Manufacturer ( Mentioned Above ):
More magical than ever.
- Now with more talk time and a new wireless charging case, AirPods deliver an unparalleled wireless headphone experience. Simply take them out and they’re ready to use with all your devices. Put them in your ears and they connect immediately, immersing you in rich,high-quality sound. Just like magic.
Wireless To The Fullest.
- After a simple one-tap setup, AirPods are automatically on and always connected.1 Using them is just as easy. They sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out. And the AirPods experience is just as amazing whether you’re using them with your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Performance you’ll want to hear.
- Powered by the all-new Apple H1 headphone chip, AirPods deliver a faster and more stable wireless connection to your devices — up to 2x faster when switching between active devices,2 and a 1.5x faster connection time for phone calls.3 The H1 chip also delivers up to 30 percent lower gaming latency.4 So whether you’re playing games, listening to music, or enjoying podcasts, you’ll experience higher-quality sound.
Knows when you’re talking.
- A speech-detecting accelerometer recognizes when you’re speaking and works with a pair of beamforming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
Knows when you’re listening.
- Optical sensors and motion accelerometers work together to automatically control the audio experience, engaging the microphones for phone calls and enabling AirPods to play sound as soon as they’re in your ears. You also have the freedom to wear one or both AirPods, and you can play or skip forward with a double-tap when listening to music.
Lay it down, charge it up.
- With the new Wireless Charging Case, charging is as simple as placing the AirPods case on a Qi-certified charging mat. That’s it. The LED indicator on the front of the case lets you know that your AirPods are charging. And when you’re away from a charging mat, you can use the Lightning port to charge.
The power of 24‑hour battery life.
- AirPods deliver an industry-leading5 5 hours of listening time6 — and now up to 3 hours of talk time7 — all on one charge. And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.8 Need a quick charge? Just put AirPods back in the case for 15 minutes to get up to 3 hours of listening time9 and 2 hours of talk time.10 To check the battery, simply hold the AirPods next to your iPhone.
Instant setup. Easy listening.
- AirPods connect immediately to your iPhone. Want to listen to your Mac or iPad? Just choose AirPods on those devices.1 Easy setup, magical results.
And listen to what’s coming this fall.
- With one simple tap, share a song, podcast, or other audio stream between two sets of AirPods — each with independent volume control.